Thursday, August 2, 2007

Do You Ever Question This? (written 7/9/07)

I was looking at the All Star Rosters today, and I just can't believe that Derek Jeter has 5 home runs. He is 6' 3', and 200 pounds and cannot hit a homer. It just baffles my mind that you guys say he is the best player in the game. The only players in the All star game that have less homers than him are Freddy Sanchez, Placido Polanco, Jose Reyes, Brian Roberts, and I think that is it. They are little slap hitters, that get on base and create runs. Is that what Jeter has become? Now I know that home runs aren't everything, and that Jeter is not a home run hitter, but is Sizemore? I mean Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Guillen, Grady Sizemore all have 14+. Those guys aren't trying to jack the ball. They just hit the ball with authority. Why doesn't Jeter do this anymore? What happened to his 20 home run power? I know this breaks the commandments in the Church of Jeter, but don't you guys ever question this? If home runs and run production "are just stats", why are you guys saying that Abreu and Cano are having bad years? They are having GREAT years, according to the NO STATS MATTER crowd. I think Abreu is second in the MVP race. First, of course is Jeter. Did you see that bunt last week? He set up Arod for RBI no. 84 and 85.please check out and enjoy: Click here: Jeter Is An Overrated Player

No comments: