Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Goes 12 games without an RBI, yet media says "He's Smoking" - (4/20/07)

I don't want to get into this Jeter thing again, but I just wanted to update my fellow Crack Committee members on the continued brilliance of the New York media. In today's New York Post, they did a player vs player analysis of Yankees/Red Sox over the weekend. When you get to shortstop, the Post, year after year, always says things like, "Jeter here in a landslide", "Jeter of course has a big edge", but today was tremeundous for laughs. Us committee members over here at my work, , were laughing out loud. It is on page 136, and it says: SHORTSTOP "Derek Jeter has six errors, but he is smoking at the plate." You guys still think Jeter "is smoking" this year. He has one RBI since the second game. They see .323 and think he's amazing. He has the least RBI on the Yankees among starters (tied with Melky). He is playing good, but smoking? Stand strong Committee members, the tide is turning. When Baseball Tonight is on, and Jimmy Rollins is running around, and Jose Reyes is running around, the Jeterites get that little pit in their stomach, and they curse Joe Bruno. But don't blame me, he has NOT developed into the player you all thought he was in 1999.PS: I am starting a pool, please email me your picks, and the question is: When will Derek Jeter get to 10 HR, and 26 RBI? My pick is July 3rd.

No comments: